Contract ID: RM1054
Start Date: 17/11/2014
End Date: 16/11/2016
This agreement expired on 16 November 2016.
This page and all attached documents remain visible purely as an archive for reference by customers and suppliers with open call off contracts.
The successor agreement, Technology Products 2 (RM3733), went live on 31 October 2016.
Any call-off contract as a result of an award under a further competition exercise under this agreement must have been signed by all parties and dated 16 November 2016 at the latest, otherwise the process has expired and will need to be cancelled and rerun under RM3733.
Technology Products provides a commercial route to market for all ICT product and solution requirements for both central government and wider public sector organisations, comprising of four lots:
- Lot 1: Technology Hardware – for the provision of vendor neutral hardware. Hardware solutions can also be procured. The scope covers end user computing and infrastructure. When procuring a solution, software can be provided under this lot provided the hardware forms the majority of the requirement.
- Lot 2: Packaged Software – for the provision of packaged, Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software, Open Source software, licences. Packaged software solutions can also be procured. When procuring a software solution, hardware can also be provided under this lot provided the software forms the majority of the requirement.
- Lot 3: Secure Technology Products and Disposals – for the provision of Information Assured (IA) products, both hardware and software, that is compliant with CESG standards. Audio-visual solutions and secure disposals.
- Lot 4: User Devices (OEM Suppliers) – for the provision of committed high volume procurements for end user devices of any type/format (Desktop PC, laptop, tablet, thin client, server, storage device, other device).
- With effect from March 2015 Viglen Ltd and XMA Ltd have merged operations under XMA Ltd. Viglen OEM branded products will continue to be supplied under lot 4.
- With effect from 24 July 2015 the ownership of Bull Information Systems Ltd passed to Atos IT Services UK Limited who take the agreement place on lot 1.
- With effect from 1 November 2015 the "Hewlett Packard" organisation has split into separate legal entities. The organisation taking the novated place on lot 4 is HP Inc UK Limited (for the supply of end user and print devices direct from OEM).
Pre-existing customer call-off contracts affected by any of the above changes should be novated accordingly by arrangement between supplier and customer.
- With effect from 2 December 2015 Maindec Computer Solutions Ltd. was renamed MCSA Group Limited. This is a simple change of name - the legal entity, i.e. company number 01421913 and DUNS number remain unchanged. In both cases, this company trades as CSA Waverley.
- With effect from 11 March 2016 ANS Group PLC was reincorporated as ANS Group Limited. This is a reincorporation and a simple change of name - the legal entity, i.e. company number 3176761 and DUNS number remain unchanged.
- With effect from 21 March 2016 Kelway Limited was renamed CDW Limited. This is a simple change of name - the legal entity, i.e. company number 2465350 and DUNS number remain unchanged.
Customers with open call-off contracts may wish to consider whether any action is necessary but this is unlikely in these two cases.
- Best suppliers appropriate to each lot
- Transparency of costs
- Transparency of invoicing
- Ability to engage with suppliers before entering into further competition
- Active management of suppliers
- Suppliers will provide the content for the technology catalogue covering commodity technology purchases.
To access this agreement:
- read the "Customer and Supplier Guidance Notes" (under the "Documents" tab above)
- determine from the lot descriptions in the customer guidance which lot is best suited to your requirement
- view the supplier list for the relevant lot
All procurements under this agreement must be by way of a further competition, unless facilitated by use of the technology catalogue.
A technology catalogue is available on the Government eMarketplace providing a quick and efficient route to buy low value technology related products and services.
The technology catalogue has content from suppliers on Technology Products (RM1054) and provides access to a wide range of technology products including hardware, packaged software and associated services. The catalogue is designed primarily for low volume/low value purchases and pricing will reflect this.
Content will be regularly updated with new suppliers, products and services being added and refreshed as the catalogue develops.
If you are already registered to use the Government eMarketplace you can access the catalogue by logging on here. You can also continue to access all other catalogue content via your standard route.
If you are not yet registered, you can find out more about the eMarketplace and register here.
Further competitions may be run using our eSourcing tool or your own choice of eSourcing method/tool/portal. However, please note that the request for quote (RFQ) and/or Free Text Requisition functions provided on the Government eMarketplace platform are not suitable or approved for use under the agreement.
We have developed a benefits methodology to capture and measure savings.
With a good selection of suppliers in each lot, you will achieve best value for money and demonstrable savings through the further competition process. The customer guidance document contains a section on best practice to obtain the best value for money and pricing.
Suppliers are required to provide transparency in invoicing to allow you to see clearly the cost of products and the cost of logistics. This data will allow you to directly compare the price of products and understand the price implications of your buying practices.
Technology Products was developed to meet the commodity hardware and software requirements of the public sector. Designed to meet the aims of the central government and local government ICT strategies, the requirements of all customers were captured and incorporated.
Technology Products is for the procurement of all volume commodity hardware and software requirements, whether as simple commodity only requirements or as part of overall solutions. Technology Products effectively replaces three previous agreements: Commoditised IT Hardware and Sofwtare (CITHS) (RM721), IT Hardware and Software (ITHS) (RM1692) and Sprint II (RM720).
Technology Products is the result of collaboration between the Crown Commercial Service, PRO5 and the Ministry of Defence (MOD). Stakeholders from across the wider public sector played a part in shaping the requirements for theagreement through a series of customer workshops.
We will actively manage the suppliers, along with PRO5 and MOD to ensure the agreement delivers the savings and benefits intended.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||35 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Technology Hardware||Technology||20 - click here to view suppliers||16/11/2016|
|2||Packaged Software||Technology||15 - click here to view suppliers||16/11/2016|
|3||Secure Technology Products and Disposals||Technology||7 - click here to view suppliers||16/11/2016|
|4||User Devices||Technology||10 - click here to view suppliers||16/11/2016|
- Customer and Supplier Guidance Notes (updated May 2016) 739.63 KB
- Annex A - Supplier Matrix (updated 12 July 2016) 108.71 KB
- Annex B - Goods only call-off contract (revised 22 June 2016) 304.28 KB
- Annex C - Goods and Services call-off contract (revised 22 June 2016) 350.91 KB
- Annex D - Further competition template 98.39 KB
- Annex E - Outcome letter - successful 28.01 KB
- Annex F - Outcome letter - unsuccessful 28.67 KB
- Annex G - Frequently Asked Questions (v2.3 issued February 2016) 383.04 KB
- Annex I - Price evaluation 23.9 KB
- Annex J - Alternative and additional clauses 165.52 KB
- Joint Supplier Induction Event Presentation 354.11 KB
- Technology Products Supplier Event Presentation 520.96 KB
- OJEU Notice 128.99 KB
- Award Notice 261.69 KB
- Supplier Framework Agreements 108.25 KB
- RM1054 ACN01 Schedule 20 variation incorporated into Annexes B and C July 2015 320.03 KB
- RM1054 ACN02 Schedule 20 variation incorporated into Annexes B and C 22 June 2016 114.81 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details
Technology Products Duty Officer
0345 410 2222