Postal Goods and Services
Contract ID: RM1063
Start Date: 17/02/2015
End Date: 16/02/2018
This agreement can be used by public sector bodies for the provision of postal goods and services across seven lots.
The agreement term is three years, with a possible further one year extension subject to the satisfactory performance of the suppliers.
A further competition or direct award call-off agreement can be put in place for up to two years beyond the expiry of the agreement effectively meaning that your contract can run until 16 February 2020 or 2021 dependent on whether we implement the option to extend the agreement.
- LOT 1: COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
Lot 1 covers the collection and delivery of physical mail items of up to 2kg for public sector customers throughout the whole of the United Kingdom. Services under lot 1 include but are not limited to: bulk mail; standard mailings; sorted and unsorted mail; unaddressed mail; secured mail; undelivered mail; and some bespoke requirements as defined by the contracting body within the mail profile.
- LOT 2: HYBRID MAIL ON-SITE SOLUTION
Lot 2 covers the provision of a hybrid mail solution that is within the contracting body’s premises and utilises the existing equipment that is owned or leased by the contracting body together with supporting software provided by the successful supplier.
- LOT 3: HYBRID MAIL OFF SITE SOLUTION
Lot 3 offers a hybrid mail solution that is wholly external. Lot 3 suppliers will receive work electronically and will be responsible for the printing, addressing, enveloping and delivery (physical or electronic) of mail items. Suppliers will offer a range of electronic and physical delivery options, such as SMS or email and will provide supporting software where necessary.
- LOT 4: INTERNATIONAL MAIL SERVICES
Lot 4 covers the provision of international mail services, including the collection of mail items from public sector customers from all areas of the United Kingdom for delivery to recipients around the globe. Services include but are not limited to: bulk international mail; standard international mail; sorted and unsorted mail; secured international mail; undelivered mail; and some bespoke requirements as defined by the contracting body.
- LOT 5: FRANKING MACHINES AND MAIL ROOM EQUIPMENT (INCLUDING ASSOCIATED SERVICES AND CONSUMABLES)
Lot 5 covers the provision of franking machines and mailroom equipment (including associated services and consumables) either for lease or purchase to public sector organisations in the UK. Products included within the scope of this lot are: new and remanufactured franking machines; folder inserters; letter openers and address systems.
- LOT 6: ON-SITE INBOUND MAIL SOLUTION
Lot 6 is designed for contracting bodies who have a requirement for mail items to be delivered to their premises. Suppliers will offer services including timed delivery, pre-sorted delivery, numbered box services, post opening, mail screening and tracked/signed for services. Suppliers will also offer the capability to digitalise inbound mail using the contracting body’s existing equipment and to provide a supporting software package.
- LOT 7: OFF SITE DIGITAL INBOUND MAIL SOLUTION
Lot 7 provides services relating to digitalisation of mail items sent to the contracting body. Services include but are not limited to: opening, scanning and electronic distribution of mail; archiving, destruction and indexing services; mail screening; cherished or valuable document handling; and some bespoke services to be defined by the contracting body.
Further information on the lots can be found within the Statement of Requirement.
- True collaborative procurement process conducted by CCS, YPO and ESPO
- Requirement fully scoped with a wide range of stakeholders across the public sector
- Full market engagement and testing across the supply market
- A one-stop-shop for all postal goods and services; developed by the public sector, for the public sector
- A toolkit will be available to assist you with further competitions
- Easy to follow user guidance on how to access this agreement and the services / goods available
- Sound contractual safeguards are in place as a result of pre-determined terms and conditions
- Competitive rates and discounts are available
- Choice of reputable / proficient suppliers
- Pre-determined service levels and service credits
Direct award or further competition?
There are two routes to the market under this agreement. You can either conduct a:
- Further competition exercise and invite all capable suppliers under the relevant lot(s)
- Direct award. In the majority of cases you will be required to compete your requirement to ensure best value for money, however, direct award is enabled under this agreement. There is set criteria that you must fulfil to successfully use this option as a route to the market e.g. no material changes to the Call-off Terms and Conditions.
To assist you with the further competition and direct award process we have developed a user guide to support you. This can be found in the 'documents' section.
Requesting access to the Price Schedules and Call-Off Terms and Conditions:
To request access to the Call-Off Terms and Conditions and pricing please complete the Access Agreement which can also be found in the 'documents' section.
Your completed Access Agreement should be sent to Postal.Services[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk. Please title your email RM1063 – PRICINGS – Lot 'X'.
Please note that pricing is indicative or maximum prices payable under the agreements. At the time of further competition, the supplier should offer your organisation prices that are equal to or less than the framework agreement prices; once they have a full understanding of your requirement and your mail profile.
To support you to drive greater efficiencies in procuring your postal services through the agreements, we run eAuctions to aggregate customer spend.
Please review the user guide on eAuctions for further information. This can also be found in the 'documents' section.
Below outlines the various Sourcing Tools available for use:
- CCS’ eSourcing system: For guidance on registering and using the eSourcing system
- YPO: For guidance on registering and using the YPO: Sourcing system. Please email postalservice[at]ypo.co[dot]uk to register.
- ESPO: East Midlands Tendering Systems: you will need to have access to the www.eastmidstenders.org.
We have developed a full suite of user guides to assist you with accessing this agreement.
The Customer Brochure (includes the following information listed below) is under development and will be published shortly:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Framework Agreement Supplier Matrix & Contact Details
- Overview of the Lots under Framework Agreement
- Summary Postal Goods & Services Framework Agreement
The following documentation is available to access in the documents tab:
- 110116_Postal Goods Services Tool Kit 1 - Mail Profile Gathering
- 110116_Postal Goods Services Tool Kit 2 - Invitation to Tender
- Postal Goods and Services OJEU
- User guidance_RM1063: Access Agreement
- User guidance_RM1063: Route to Market - Direct Award or Further Competitions
- User guidance_RM1063: CCS eAuction Programme
- User guidance_RM1063: Statement of Requirements
Pricing Schedules (Lot 1 to Lot 7) & Call Off Terms and Conditions: are available upon request as explained above.
It was established in November 2012 that public sector organisations required a consistent, EU compliant route to the market for the provision of postal services.
Crown Commercial Service (CCS), YPO and ESPO agreed to work in collaboration to replace their existing agreements.
CCS’ previous Postal Services agreement (RM782) expired on 8 August 2014. This agreement was let on 9 August 2010 for a period of 4 years. There was no option to extend this agreement and it was enabled for use by both central government and wider public sector organisations
ESPO had a single supplier agreement which expired in December 2012 (341), leaving ESPO and YPO actively promoting RM782 to its members.
YPO and ESPO have both foregone the renewal of their own postal services agreements to approach the market in a joint offering with CCS.
Our main objective was to let a new agreement and capture new technological advances offered by the market to meet the needs of the public sector.
Additional requirements not previously covered by CCS’ agreement (RM782):
International Mail Service:
NEUPC had an International Postal Services Framework Agreement in place which expired in July 2014. The Higher Education Board, responsible for Postal Services across all HE establishments, are satisfied that the international requirement should be included into the new commercial deal and have committed to promote the agreement to its member organisations.
Franking machines and mailroom equipment:
YPO had an agreement for mailroom equipment (217) which expired in August 2014, although it was decided that the 12 month extension would be used to ensure customers had access to an EU compliant agreement. YPO has committed to not separately renewing this Framework Agreement.
Franking machines and mailroom equipment is included as a new lot within the new joint Crown Commercial Service/YPO/ESPO agreement providing customers with a one-stop-shop for all their postal services requirements.
Digital Inbound Mail Solution
In order to support Public Sector organisation in the move to a digital and paperless environment, the new Framework Agreements have digital solutions enabled.
Postal Goods and Services Stakeholder Group:
The requirements were developed during a series of stakeholder workshops. The members of this group included the central government departments and wider public sector organisations listed below:
Please note: this is not an exhaustive list of public sector organisations able to access this agreement.
- Cabinet Office
- Crown Prosecution Service
- Department For Business Innovation And Skills
- Department for Environment Food And Rural Affairs
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work And Pensions
- HM Land Registry
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Home Office
- Insolvency Service
- Ministry of Justice
- National Savings and Investments
Wider Public Sector:
- Local Authorities
- Education and Higher Education
Market Engagement - Supplier Boot Camp:
The initial draft version of the framework agreement was showcased to the market at the Supplier Boot Camp on Thursday 29 August 2013 at Camden Town Hall, London.
The aim of the Supplier Boot Camp was to ensure that the market had the sufficient capability to provide the required goods and services and to capture any new innovative solutions that were highlighted.
We continually monitored developments within the market to ensure that any new service or good developments/innovations are brought within the scope of this agreement. The category team worked with the market to ensure new products being developed would fulfil the requirements of public sector customers.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||38 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||COLLECTION AND DELIVERY||Office||9 - click here to view suppliers||16/02/2018|
|2||Hybrid Mail On-site Solution||Office||12 - click here to view suppliers||16/02/2018|
|3||HYBRID MAIL OFFSITE SOLUTION||Office||20 - click here to view suppliers||16/02/2018|
|4||INTERNATIONAL MAIL SERVICES||Office||6 - click here to view suppliers||16/02/2018|
|5||FRANKING MACHINES AND MAIL ROOM EQUIPMENT (INCLUDING ASSOCIATED SERVICES AND CONSUMABLES)||Office||6 - click here to view suppliers||16/02/2018|
|6||ON SITE INBOUND MAIL SOLUTION||Office||3 - click here to view suppliers||16/02/2018|
|7||OFF SITE DIGITAL INBOUND MAIL SOLUTION||Office||18 - click here to view suppliers||16/02/2018|
- User guidance: Direct Award and Further Competition 572.85 KB
- User guidance: eAuction Programme 274.56 KB
- User Guidance: Access Agreement 589.07 KB
- Tool Kit 1: Mail Profile Gathering 185.25 KB
- Tool Kit 2: Invitation to Tender 715.85 KB
- User Guidance: Statement of Requirements 991.16 KB
- Steps to Savings 377.26 KB
- Case Studies 919.04 KB
- User Guidance: Framework and Supplier Overview 679.1 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details
Customer Service Desk: 0345 410 2222