Multidisciplinary Temporary Healthcare Personnel
Contract ID: RM3711
Start Date: 01/09/2015
End Date: 31/08/2019
This is an NHS Improvement approved framework through which you can source all your clinical staff needs via a single solution.
This agreement provides access to a range of suppliers who can supply temporary workers across all health and social care job roles and pay bands including:
- Doctors, Consultants, Dentists and General Practitioners (GPs)
- Allied Health Professionals (AHP), Health Science Services (HSS) and Emergency Services (ES) personnel
- Nursing and Midwifery personnel
- Personal Social Services personnel
Roles of a very specialist nature can also be sourced and there is provision in the agreement for unsocial hours, high cost area supplements and the agency workers regulations (AWR).
All role profiles can be engaged on either a temporary or fixed term assignment.
The agreement will run for four years with no further extensions; however, the maximum call-off term can run beyond the end of the agreement provided it meets EU regulations and standing financial instructions.
All suppliers can supply all of the above disciplines, either directly or through their supply chain of partners and sub-contractors. You can source all roles from a single supplier if you wish.
You can use this agreement for all your temporary health workers or start with specific requirements and build up usage.
The agreements offers a compliant route to access workers across all health disciplines and a simplified call-off process will help you reduce the number of suppliers, from a list of 67 capable suppliers.
Services excluded from the scope of the agreement are:
- Compliance: NHS Improvement price caps are the default pricing position
- Flexibility: an override mechanism allows trusts to stay "on framework" if they need to go over the price cap to get the right staff to ensure patient safety
- Source all types of temporary health staff across single or multiple disciplines from one agreement
- Using a single agreement results in standardised terms, a single specification and standard working practises
- Consolidate the number of suppliers you use (potentially to a single supplier) and benefit from:
- Access to a single centralised system for booking workers
- Consolidated invoicing and reporting of management information
- Electronic approvals system
- Single point of contact for resolving issues
- Flexible agreement allowing for direct award or further competition to enhance benefits and tailor the service
- Flexibility around pay rates
- Fixed agency fees
- Volume based discounts
- Capped pay rates can be set
- Allows for fixed term appointments and international recruitment
- Potential to grow use through life of agreement
- No charges to access the agreement
This agreement has been primarily developed to meet the needs of the NHS in England. However, NHS bodies in Scotland, Northern Ierland and Wales, as well as all central government and wider public sector organisations can use the agreement. Access can be managed via an individual trust, a consortium of trusts or a collaborative procurement organisation, such as a procurement hub, and will be supported by our health workforce team.
Direct award and further competitions are both available and there are simple order forms available in the call-off agreement to ensure compliance to the agreement, whilst reducing administration.
The purpose of the benefits methodology is to illustrate changes to the average actual rates paid by NHS trusts in FY 2014/15 to the rates actually paid and the benefits.
Methodology for calculating savings
Baseline price ((Average FY2014/15 total hourly charge rate paid for matched roles) x counterfactuals) – (Actual total hourly charge rate paid for matched roles)) x volume (hours) consumed)
Through the use of the agreement for all NHS requirements, the following non-cashable benefits will also be generated:
- Helps support the NHS with their procurement strategy to ensure that the right resources, with the right capabilities and skills are in the right place, at the right time and at the right cost to meet required departmental objectives.
- Due to the consolidation of health spend on temporary staffing, suppliers will continue to work closely with HR and procurement managers to ensure that staffing options and resource strategies of departments are implemented and aligned with their wider business strategy and goals of the NHS.
- Allows NHS departments to have access to suppliers of certain skill sets that are in short supply at competitive rates.
- Bargaining power of customers will increase as cost pressures rise and demand falls.
- Compliance with NHS Employers standards for safer recruitment continue to be met, including but not limited to, criminal record checks, right to work in the UK checks, occupational health checks, employment history and reference checks, professional registration and qualification checks and identity checks.
- An established and effective system for supplier management information collection.
The agreement was developed to:
- Provide a flexible agreement for all health temporary personnel agency supply.
- Provide a solution that allows customers to control pay rates.
- Ensure suppliers are not motivated to increase pay rates.
- Provide a choice of supply routes.
- Manage and mitigate the legal and commercial risks associated with engaging temporary staff.
- Introduce a single point of contact for all requisitions, queries and interim personnel issues.
- Deliver significant invoice management efficiencies through the introduction of consolidated invoicing.
- Provide regular and detailed management information.
The agreement was developed with a wide range of stakeholders from the NHS and other users of temporary health personnel.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|1||Multidisciplinary Temporary Healthcare Personnel||Professional Services||67 - click here to view suppliers||31/08/2019|
- Framework brochure 425.59 KB
- Framework specification 826.29 KB
- Customer guidance 665.3 KB
- Assignment checklist 17.98 KB
- Supplier contact list 19.17 KB
- Call-off - abridged version (published 8 December 2016) 18.14 KB
- Call-off contract 321.98 KB
- Pay ranges 22.49 KB
- eSourcing portal guide 494.23 KB
- Audit and assurance statement 205.79 KB
- Whistleblowing policy 106.32 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details