Building Materials and Associated Services
Contract ID: RM3747
Start Date: 20/02/2015
End Date: 19/02/2018
This agreement provides a comprehensive range of buildings materials and associated services across eight lots:
- Lot 1 Buildings Materials and Associated Services ‘One Stop Shop’
- Lot 2 Plumbing and Heating
- Lot 3 Electrical
- Lot 4 Timber and Joinery
- Lot 5 Workshop, Industrial and Electrical Tools
- Lot 6 Paints and Solvents
- Lot 7 Flooring
- Lot 8 Small Tool and Plant Hire Services
Please note that the full list of goods categories for each lot is available in the documents tab.
Lot 1: Building Materials & Associated Services 'One Stop Shop'
Supply and delivery of materials across a range of goods categories within scope of building materials. Including but not limited to heavy and light side building materials, plumbing and heating, electrical, timber and joinery, workshop, industrial and electric tools and paint and solvents, flooring and tiling, and personal protective equipment. This lot intended to be a 'one stop shop' covering the scope of goods categories included in Lots 2,3,4,5,6,7. Additional services within the scope of this lot include imprest van stock and dedicated counter services.
Lot 2: Plumbing and Heating
Supply and delivery of plumbing and heating products for use in residential and commercial settings. Including but not limited to heating, ventilation and boilers, kitchens and bathrooms fixtures and fittings, copper fittings and brassware, plastic plumbing, drainage and waste, commercial plumbing and sustainable energy solutions, plumbing sundries and accessories.
Lot 3: Electrical
Supply and delivery of electrical products for use in residential and commercial settings. Including but not limited to lighting, distribution equipment and cable management, data networking, test and detection, cables, wiring and accessories, electrical control, fire detection and security and sustainable energy solutions, heating and cooling, mobile, mobile lighting.
Lot 4: Timber and Joinery
Supply and delivery of timber and joinery products. Including but not limited to timber, sheet materials, doors and windows, decorative mouldings and fencing materials.
Lot 5: Workshop, Industrial and Electrical Tools
Supply and delivery of workshop, industrial and electrical tools. Including but not limited to hand tools, power tools, electrical tools, machine tools, workshop equipment and accessories and fixings and fasteners.
Lot 6: Paint and Solvents
Supply and delivery of paints and solvents for use in commercial and residential settings. Including but not limited to interior paint, exterior paints, specialist paints, woodcare, undercoats and primers, decorating tools and painting sundries.
Lot 7: Flooring and Tiling
Supply and delivery of flooring and tiling for use in commercial and residential settings. Including but not limited to wood flooring, laminate flooring, vinyl, vinyl tiles, carpet tiles, carpet, ceramic floor tiles, resin flooring, entrance matting system, adhesives and sealants and flooring sundries.
Lot 8: Small Tool and Plant Hire
Supply and delivery of small tool and plant hire. Including but not limited to access equipment, hand and power tools, fixing tools, precision tools, consumables, cleaning and floor maintenance, concreting equipment, heating and cooling equipment, lifting and handling, plumbing and drainage, machine tools, surveying and location, safety and ventilation, tools and garden machinery, painting and spraying, compressors, generators and transformers, portable units.
- Lean procurement route to market
- Compliance with EU procurement legislation
- Standardised Terms and Conditions
- Template contracts and call off documentation
- Accurate management information
- Process savings - allowing customers to concentrate on core activities
- Discounted list prices
- Opportunity to carry out further competition to deliver further savings
The customer guidance document provides an overview of the agreement and process maps to determine which route you need to take to call-off from the framework.
The following schedules will assist you with your call-off:
- Schedule 4 - Template order form and call off terms and conditions
- Schedule 5 - Ordering procedure
- Schedule 6 - Award criteria
These have been saved as standalone documents for ease of reference can be found in the documents tab.
You can use your own systems for call-off or you can use the Crown Commercial Service eSourcing tool.
Online links for CCS eSourcing tool:
- Guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esourcing-suite-guidance-for-customers
- Customer registration page for eSourcing tool: http://ccs-forms.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/using-esourcing-suite-0
- Already registered? Log on: https://gpsesourcing.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/sso/jsp/login.jsp
You can use the Government eMarketplace to access supplier catalogues and carry out direct award.
Online links for the eMarketplace:
- Full guidance on registration, catalogues, contracts directory, request for quote can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/emarketplace-a-guide-for-public-sector-buyers
- Already registered? Log on: https://buyers.procserveonline.com/otis/login.html?marketplace=gem
Help and Support for eMarketplace:
Email eMarketplace[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk or call 0345 410 2222
- Suppliers bid a discount to quoted list prices as part of their tender
- Customers can achieve more savings from carrying out a further competition
- A full methodology will be available in due course
There are thousands of products and suppliers in the marketplace for buildings materials and there is a great deal of expenditure over EU threshold. Customers advised that they would welcome a framework with multiple competed suppliers to provide them with a lean route to market which provides them with procurement compliance.
A Prior Information Notice (PIN) was issued which advertised the upcoming opportunity and invited suppliers to complete a questionnaire, which would help form our strategy.
At the start of the project a stakeholder group was established to thoroughly research requirements, which would later form an integral part of the specification development. The stakeholder group consisted of people from across the public sector to ensure market and category requirements were covered. .
Procurement structure and documentation
As a result of the early stakeholder and supplier engagement this enabled us to:
- Develop the lotting strategy for the framework agreement
- Create a set of procurement documents which reflected the specifics of the insurance market
- Create a number of standard templates which can be used by customers accessing the framework
A customer guidance pack has been produced to provide information on the procurement call-off processes. Website information is available and we shall keep customers notified of framework developments through our newsletters.
Continuing best value
We will carry our regular reviews of suppliers and benchmarking of market prices to ensure you are getting the best deal.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||20 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Building Materials and Associated Services - One Stop Shop||Property||2 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
|2||Plumbing and Heating||Property||4 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
|3||Electrical||Property||7 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
|4||Timber and Joinery||Property||2 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
|5||Workshop, Industrial and Electrical Tools||Property||8 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
|6||Paints and Solvents||Property||5 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
|7||Flooring||Property||3 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
|8||Small Tool & Plant Hire Services||Property||4 - click here to view suppliers||19/02/2018|
- Supplier List 11.32 KB
- Framework Agreement 1.58 MB
- Framework Schedule 5 - Call-Off Procedure 446 KB
- Framework Schedule 6 - Award Criteria 412.79 KB
- Model Call-Off Terms and Order Form 311.31 KB
- Further Competition Invitation Template 59.97 KB
- Lot 1 One Stop Shop Goods Categories 347.13 KB
- Lot 2 Plumbing and Heating Goods Categories 286.35 KB
- Lot 3 Electrical Goods Categories 275.3 KB
- Lot 4 Timber and Joinery Categories 273.97 KB
- Lot 5 Workshop, Industrial and Electrical Tools Categories 303.13 KB
- Lot 6 Paints and Solvents Goods Categories 125.05 KB
- Lot 7 Flooring Goods Categories 268.29 KB
- Lot 8 Tool and Plant Hire Goods Categories 306.15 KB
- Building Materials OJEU Notice 309.41 KB
- Building Materials Customer Guidance 1.63 MB
Framework Manager Contact Details