Supply and Fit Tyres
Contract ID: RM3767
Start Date: 11/10/2016
End Date: 10/10/2020
This framework agreement is for the supply and fit of tyres and associated services. It is divided into two lots:
- Lot 1 is for the police and emergency services. It covers fitting at the supplier premises, customer premises, a mobile fitting service and an emergency breakdown service. A single supplier has been appointed (Goodyear Dunlop Tyres UK Ltd).
- Lot 2 is a multi-supplier lot for the supply and fit of tyres and associated services for use by all government and public sector organisations.
Under both lots you can access tyres for cars, 4x4s (with or without off-road capability), vans, light commercial vehicles, heavy goods vehicles, coaches, buses, agrarian vehicles and motorcycles.
Associated services available include:
- tyre hotel facility
- tyre disposal
- emergency breakdown service
- standard fitting
- wheel balancing
- wheel and axle alignment checks
- puncture repairs
- turn on the rim and twinning
- high pressure valve caps
- valve extensions
- tyron bands
- a comprehensive range of quality tyres suitable for the majority of vehicle types used in the public sector, including premium, mid-range and budget options.
- all tyres and associated services comply with all relevant legislative and technical standards, including tyre-labelling standards
- a range of supply options - supply only, supply and fit at supplier or customer premises or roadside
- an account management service is available
As lot 1 is a single supplier you can place a direct award.
Under lot 2 you can run a further competition or place a direct award depending on your requirement.
Further information on using the framework agreement can be found in the customer guidance document.
You can contact the suppliers directly using the contact information provided to get product and pricing information.
For advice and guidance please get in touch with the team by emailing fleet[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
The previous CCS tyre framework agreement (RM955) delivered savings of between 16% and 52% against recommended retail prices for commonly used passenger vehicle tyres.
This agreement will deliver an additional average saving of 4% across all products available under lot 1. In order to ensure best prices are delivered during the lifetime of the framework agreement we will calculate savings by comparing framework prices to those prices paid for equivalent tyres by vehicle lease companies, this will enable the comparison of tyre prices on a like for like.
As lot 2 is a multi supplier lot, there are a number of additional ways that customers will be able to ensure that best prices are achieved:
- by comparing the prices available across the framework suppliers to ensure that the best price can be identified before you direct award
- by undertaking a further competition which will require suppliers to compete further on price
- suppliers are required to hold the prices submitted at the bid stage for a minimum of 12 months
- on-going supplier management will include annual price reviews during the life of the framework
- prices will be benchmarked against the market e.g. Blackcircles.com
The new framework agreement was developed to continue to meet the need for tyres by public sector organisations at advantageous prices and to allow for savings to be achieved across both central government and the wider public sector.
The Home Office and National Association of Police Fleet Managers (NAPFM) were involved in the planning and development stages of the framework agreement. In addition, many other existing customers were consulted for their feedback on the current framework and expectations for the replacement framework agreement. These customers included NHS ambulance trusts, fire and rescue organisations and local authorities.
We published a prior information notice in the OJEU on 6 February 2016 and stated that the procurement would be competed and awarded as a framework agreement (ref. 2016/S 026-041554). A supplier industry day was held on 8 March 2016 and attended by many of the leading tyre suppliers.
We subsequently published an advertisement in the OJEU on 27 July 2016, which signalled the commencement of the competition (ref. 2016/S 143259139). The supplier selection and tender evaluation process involved participation from a number of public sector organisations with fleet-related responsibilities e.g. Home Office, police authorities and NHS ambulance trusts.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||3 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||The supply and fit of tyres and associated services to the Police and emergency services||Fleet||1 - click here to view suppliers||10/10/2020|
|2||The supply and fit of tyres and associated services to central Government and the wider public sector||Fleet||3 - click here to view suppliers||10/10/2020|
Framework Manager Contact Details