Specialist Laundry Services (for surgical drapes, gowns and packs)
Contract ID: RM3772
Start Date: 01/04/2016
End Date: 31/03/2018
This agreement has been developed to provide cost-effective and quality controlled specialist laundry services for re-usable CE marked barrier textiles, such as surgical drapes and gowns. It is can be used by all public sector organisations and supports the Department of Health’s objective to enhance the safety and quality of services for users and patients.
The main services provided by suppliers are the processing (wash and finish) and transportation (collection and return) of re-usable surgical drapes, gowns and packs which are:
- owned by the contracting authority and / or
- hired by the contracting authority from the supplier.
A range of additional services are also available through the agreement. These services are only available alongside the main services outlined above, and may incur further costs. They include:
- Weekend and Bank Holiday services
- Management of on-site theatre top-up service
- Management of scrub suit / theatre garment locker service
- Barcoding / Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Alteration / repair service
- Standard terms and conditions of contract
- Robust and flexible solution
- Ability for customer to devise evaluation sub-criteria in line with specific requirements
- Compliant with CFPP0104 (Choice Framework for Local Policy and Procedures)
- Opportunity to achieve further savings through further competition
- Template contracts and call-off documentation for ease of use
- You will need to run a further competition based on your specific requirements. Please refer to the customer guidance for further details.
- For initial price enquiries against the core items list please email property[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk indicating your preferred service and activity against each item, plus any enhancements you require.
- The standard prices used in the call-off procedure are the maximum chargeable by the supplier. They may be reduced through the further competition process.
- Maximum prices cannot be exceeded throughout the life of the agreement, but they can be reduced in accordance with the call-off procedure.
This specialised agreement follows on from the successful operation of the previous Laundry and Linen agreement (RM849), which expired on 24 May 2015. It complements the general services provided by Laundry and Linen Services (RM1031).
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|1||Processing (collection, wash, finish and return) of linen items / linen hire items||Property||2 - click here to view suppliers||31/03/2018|
- Contract notice 956.77 KB
- Framework schedule 4: template order form and call-off terms 1.31 MB
- Framework schedule 2: Part A services specification 404.13 KB
- Guidance Notes 824.65 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details