Contract ID: RM3798
Start Date: 21/02/2017
End Date: 21/02/2020
This framework, developed in collaboration with YPO, gives customers across the whole of the public sector access to a wide range of courier services. It includes the following 5 lots:
Lot 1 – Collection and Delivery of Documents and Parcels
Same day, next day, economy (5-7 day), bulk courier and international delivery.
Lot 2 – Secure Collection and Delivery of Sensitive Documents and Parcels including High Value Consignments
Departmental/legal/court files and records, medical records, case notes and files, customer data records, ministerial papers, and historical/academic records and documents.
Use lot 2 for transporting goods that will require additional security, full track and trace at every point between collection and delivery, and additional layers of indemnity due to value and nature (such as museum artefacts, IT equipment and jewellery).
Lot 3 – Secure Collection, Storage and Delivery of Examination and Test Papers and Materials
Examination question papers/support materials, student scripts, and examination results.
Lot 4 – N/A (Not Awarded) This will now be a lot within RM3799 Specialist Courier Services Framework due to be awarded July 2017.
Lot 5 – Dedicated Network Vehicle Movements and Sortation
Provision of a dedicated fleet of vehicles for collection and delivery to a closed loop of sites, complete secure segregated sortation and customised service requirements if required.
Lot 6 – Security Screening of Internal Mail Documents and Parcels
Security screening of internal mail documents and parcels for hazardous items/materials, whether it is public/commercial postal services by hand or by courier delivery.
- The option to direct award depending on your requirements or run a further competition for tailored services and prices
- Developed through a robust stakeholder engagement programme and partnership working with YPO to establish a streamlined framework that customers can align their courier requirements to focus on rationalisation/standardisation and aggregation to deliver commercial efficiency and deliver savings
- Provide opportunities for public sector customers to maximise economies of scale as the more customers that use a route the bigger the savings for all (this is known as optimisation of networks)
- Over 50% of the suppliers on the framework are SMEs, supporting the government’s drive for £1 in every £3 to be spent with SMEs by 2020
There are two routes to the market under this framework. You can either conduct a:
- Further competition and invite all capable suppliers under the relevant lot(s)
- Direct award, in the majority of cases you will be required to further compete your requirement to ensure best value for money, however, direct award is enabled under this framework. There is set criteria that you must fulfil to successfully use this option as a route to the market e.g. no material changes to the call-off terms and conditions.
Customer guidance notes in the documents tab provide:
- Information on the services available through this framework
- Information on the suppliers registered to the agreements and their contact details
- A copy of the call-off order form
- A copy of the framework specification document.
If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to email the category team at courierservices[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk or call our helpdesk on 0345 410 2222.
Direct award or further competition?
To assist you with the decision making process we have developed a user guide to support you.
Requesting access to the price schedules and call-off terms and conditions
To request access to the call-off terms and conditions and pricing please complete the Customer Access Agreement from the documents section. Once fully completed please email the signed agreement to courierservices[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
Before conducting any activity under this framework agreement, please complete this form in BLOCK CAPITALS and return it by email with the heading RM3798 Price Information & Terms & Conditions LOT “X” to courierservices[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk.
Please note that pricing is indicative or maximum prices payable under the agreements. At the time of further competition, the supplier should offer your organisation prices that are equal to or less than the framework agreement prices; once they have a full understanding of your requirement and your mail profile.
Below outlines the various sourcing tools available for use:
It was established that public sector organisations required a consistent, EU compliant route to the market for the provision of courier services. We worked in collaboration with YPO to replace the 3 legacy Crown Commercial Service framework agreements which expired on 31 December 2016:
- RM1006 Courier Services – Multiple lots/Suppliers
- RM1008 Seasonal Courier Services – 1 Lot /Single Supplier
- RM963 Dedicated Courier Services – Single Supplier
The duration of the Courier Services agreement is 3 years with an option to extend for a further 12 months.
Our main objective was to create and develop a new agreement that would:
- Provide customers with a quality, fit for purpose arrangement which would meet the needs of all public sector customers
- Deliver value for money
- Provide standard costs and transparent pricing models
- Provide the potential for customers to benefit from economies of scale
- Deliver the government SME agenda by supporting the government’s drive for £1 in every £3 to be spent with SMEs by 2020
- Enable suppliers to use their expertise to help customers improve efficiency and achieve best value
We have invested significant time in terms of market and stakeholder engagement in order to understand changes to the courier market as well as future public sector requirements.
Engagement of both the market and stakeholders (central government and the wider public sector) has informed us that the services within the legacy frameworks remain an intrinsic requirement across the customer base. Therefore, Courier Services RM3798 was developed, and offers the option of either direct award or further competition, providing customers with a compliant route to market.
In order to expedite growth within the wider public sector in particular, we have a strategic partnership agreement (also known as a Commercial Agreement) with YPO. The agreement will also include a Dynamic Purchasing Solution (DPS) which will be let and managed by YPO, and supported by CCS.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||12 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Collection and delivery of documents and parcels||Office||9 - click here to view suppliers||21/02/2020|
|2||Secure collection and delivery of sensitive documents and parcels including high value consignments||Office||9 - click here to view suppliers||21/02/2020|
|3||Secure collection, storage and delivery of examination and test papers nd materials||Office||4 - click here to view suppliers||21/02/2020|
|5||Dedicated network vehicle movements and sortation courier services||Office||4 - click here to view suppliers||21/02/2020|
|6||Security screening of internal mail documents and parcels||Office||3 - click here to view suppliers||21/02/2020|
Framework Manager Contact Details
0345 410 2222