Allied Health Professionals Health Science and Emergency Services Temporary Staff
Contract ID: RM959
Start Date: 01/04/2014
End Date: 31/03/2018
This is an NHS Improvement approved framework
This agreement gives you a compliant and cost-effective route to allied health professionals (AHP), health science services (HSS) and emergency services (ES) temporary staff, covering the full range of Agenda for Change bands and NHS Employers job profiles. Prices are provided on the basis of hourly charge rates for each band and job (with the option of paying a fee for a fixed term assignment and using the trust payroll to pay the worker).
Although principally designed for the NHS, it is accessible to all central government departments and wider public sector organisations.
The agreement gives you the flexibility to obtain staff in a way appropriate to your needs and circumstances, whilst providing you with the ability to influence and agree local charge rates through further competition.
The services covered are categorised into four lots:
- Lot 1 Neutral Vendor: these services are for the management of supply from high quality employment businesses of fully vetted AHP, HSS and ES workers for hire on temporary assignments or contracts. The awarded supplier(s) will be responsible for the compliance of the employment businesses used with regards to all the relevant terms and conditions of the agreement and with all legislative and regulatory requirements. Awarded suppliers are NOT eligible to supply temporary workers registered with them as an employment business. For the contracting body receiving the services, the provision will be seamless. You will contract only with the awarded supplier and not with the employment businesses directly. The neutral vendor supplier will include a transactional fee in the hourly charge rate for the temporary worker.
- Lot 2 Master Vendor: these services are for supply of fully vetted AHP, HSS and ES workers for hire on temporary assignments Awarded suppliers will supply staff registered with them as an Employment Business and will make up any shortfall by sub-contracting with any other high quality Employment Businesses. The awarded supplier will be responsible for the compliance of the Employment Businesses and Agencies used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement and in accordance with all legislative and regulatory requirements. For the contracting body receiving the services, the provision will be seamless. You will contract only with the awarded supplier and not with all the employment businesses directly.
- Lot 3 AHP: this service is for the supply of fully vetted AHP and certain ES personnel for temporary hire or direct employment or engagement by contracting bodies.
- Lot 4 HSS: this service is for the supply of fully vetted HSS staff for temporary hire or direct employment or engagement by contracting bodies.
Within each lot is the option to obtain temporary staff on a fixed term contract by just paying a one off fee to the agency and payrolling the temp yourself instead of paying a full hourly charge rate against a timesheet.
- Compliance: NHS Improvement price caps are the default pricing position
- Flexibility: an override mechanism allows trusts to stay "on framework" if they need to go over the price cap to get the right staff to ensure patient safety
- NHS Employment Check Standards - a minimum requirement of the appointed suppliers, providing assurance of standards with the NHS Litigation Authority.
- Rate Card - one straightforward rate for every job profile nationally: no added extras.
- Assurance - a dedicated team will conduct at premise inspections.
- Quality assured suppliers - there is a continuous process of review regarding company finances, operational standards and capacity through our Supplier Relationship Management programme. Suppliers will be managed and targeted against set key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Savings - the ability to hold further competitions enables you to improve on rates through volume linked discounts and local negotiations.
- Flexibility - you can build your supply chain, influencing prime contractors’ sub-contracting decisions.
- Innovation and technology - so that you can tailor your requirement from a direct relationship for an immediate requirement to a fully integrated web based solution managed to suit your needs.
- Consortia and subcontractors - permitted to bring more spend on framework and assuring the whole supply chain.
- Time and resource saving - the managed service gives your chosen supplier the opportunity to dedicate and focus on your needs reducing your workload.
- Capacity - 100% of your capacity requirements are supported through the expanded supply channels available through this managed service solution and the ability to appoint more than one managed service provider.
- Commitment - all suppliers, along with our category management team, are committed to supporting your requirements.
- The framework has the support of the Department of Health, NHS Employers, NHS Litigation Authority, NHS Protect and Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) - the trade association of temporary worker supply.
You can access the agreement in three ways:
Option 1: Direct Award
Contracts can be directly awarded from the list of successful suppliers.
Rate cards are available in our eSourcing tool.
Option 2: Further Competition
Contracts can be awarded following a further competition where all appropriate suppliers are invited to compete for specific customer(s) requirements.
You can use our eSourcing tool to run a further competition. You will need to be registered to access this tool. If you are not yet registered please register here. If you are already registered you can log in here. Full guidance on using the eSourcing tool is available here
You can also choose to run your own further competition and can contact us and/or your NHS Regional Procurement Hub for support.
Option 3: eAuction
Further competitions can also be run via an eAuction. For further details please email eAuctions[at]crowncommercial.gov[dot]uk
Details of the call-off ordering process can be found at schedules 4, 5 and 6 of the framework agreement (in the documents tab).
The framework has been created to provide for maximum capped prices which are expected to be leveraged on the basis of volume offered through further competitions or direct award.
There is no restriction on the value of contracts that may be sourced through this framework.
This agreement uses one simple national rate card and further discounts, such as volume, may be obtained. Details of actual savings achieved will be updated throughout the duration of this contract.
|Lot Number||Lot Name||Lot Category||Number of Suppliers||Contract Expiry|
|All suppliers||44 - click here to view suppliers|
|1||Neutral Vendor Managed Services||Professional Services||2 - click here to view suppliers||31/03/2018|
|2||Master Vendor Managed Services||Professional Services||9 - click here to view suppliers||31/03/2018|
|3||Allied Health Professionals||Professional Services||39 - click here to view suppliers||31/03/2018|
|4||Health Science Services||Professional Services||36 - click here to view suppliers||31/03/2018|
- Framework brochure 475.8 KB
- Framework specification 149.97 KB
- Call-off Contract 346.24 KB
- Customer brochure 258.23 KB
- Jobs per lot 180.73 KB
- Supplier contacts and lots 17.66 KB
- Audit and assurance statement 205.79 KB
- Health assurance common themes 25.63 KB
- Whistleblowing policy 106.32 KB
- Assignment checklist 17.98 KB
Framework Manager Contact Details
Framework Management Team
0345 410 2222